Murderpedia

 

 

Juan Ignacio Blanco  

 

  MALE murderers

index by country

index by name   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

  FEMALE murderers

index by country

index by name   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

 

 

 
   

Murderpedia has thousands of hours of work behind it. To keep creating new content, we kindly appreciate any donation you can give to help the Murderpedia project stay alive. We have many
plans and enthusiasm to keep expanding and making Murderpedia a better site, but we really
need your help for this. Thank you very much in advance.

   

 

 

Xiong ZHENLIN

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
Classification: Spree killer
Characteristics: Revenge
Number of victims: 8
Date of murders: January 4, 2009
Date of arrest: 7 days after
Date of birth: 1973
Victims profile: 4 women, 3 men and 1 child
Method of murder: Beating with an ax - Harpoon
Location: Suizhou City, Hubei Province, China
Status: Sentenced to death on February 9, 2009. Executed
 
 
 
 
 
 
photo gallery
 
 
 
 
 
 

Chinese man gets death penalty for killing 8

English.sina.com

February 8, 2009

BEIJING A Chinese court sentenced a junk dealer to death Monday for murdering eight people, among them a widow who jilted him and her 2-year-old grandson slain with an ax, state media reported.

The Intermediate People's Court in the central city of Suizhou ordered Xiong Zhenlin be put to death after a half-day trial, the Xinhua News Agency reported.

Previous Xinhua accounts said that Xiong, a 32-year-old junkyard owner, had confessed to the killings after he was arrested Jan. 11.

All death penalties are supposed to be reviewed by the Supreme People's Court in Beijing before being carried out.

Xiong had wanted to marry 43-year-old Zhu Deqing, but after she refused, he killed her and the boy at their home in Luoyang town, outside Suizhou. Police said their head wounds suggested that the killer used an ax.

Police discovered six other bodies three men and three women after searching Xiong's junkyard. The six, between the ages of 45 and 69, were employees at his salvage operation, but it wasn't clear when they had been killed. Investigators found bloodstained axes and hammers on the premises.

Although private gun ownership is virtually banned, violent crimes have become more common in China in recent years, including scattered cases of revenge attacks.

 
 

Man gets death penalty for killing 8

China Daily

February 9, 2009

The man who killed eight people in 15 hours, including a 2-year-old toddler and two people with learning difficulties, was sentenced to death yesterday in Hubei province.

Xiong Zhenlin, 35, killed his victims in the town of Luoyang, Suizhou, Hubei, on Jan 4 and was arrested a week later after the Ministry of Public Security released an A-degree wanted notice and offered a reward of 50,000 yuan ($7,300) for his capture.

Xiong did appeal the sentence.

His lawyer had asked the intermediate people's court of Suizhou to assess Xiong's mental health but the appeal was rejected. He also asked the court to take into account the fact Xiong was filled with remorse, the Legal Evening News reported.

Hu Liangzhi, Suizhou's vice-chief prosecutor, told the Xinhua News Agency on Sunday that based on an investigation, Xiong does not have a history of mental illness.

On the contrary, he was determined and cruel when committing the murders, and showed his cunningness in running away, he said.

According to the Chutian Metropolis Daily, Xiong had written three letters expressing his remorse, claiming he was not a bad person but had simply made a mistake after suffering setbacks in his career and personal life.

He asked for his mental state to be assessed as he had been suffering from insomnia during the second half of last year and said he deserved to live.

Xiong said he would donate his organs if sentenced to death, the report said.

His mother, 73-year-old Zhan Hongying, did not appear in court, as she "could not face the victim's family", Xinhua reported.

"Although I want to save his life, the law will not allow it and the victims' family will definitely not allow him to live on as he committed such a great sin " she was quoted as saying.

Xiong had wanted to marry 43-year-old Zhu Deqing after divorcing his former wife, but after she refused, he killed her and her grandson at their home in Luoyang.

Before that, he had killed six others - three men and three women, aged between 45 and 69 - who worked at his waste collection depot.

Two of the victims had learning difficulties, three had had conflicts with him in the past, and one was a local resident who had gone to sell waste products.

Police said Xiong used an ax, a brick and a harpoon to kill his victims.

Xiong told police on his capture in Wuhan, Hubei's capital, that he had planned to kill nine other people he had fought with in the past, including his ex-wife Liu Jihua.

 
 

Police seize suspect in central China mass killings

English.sina.com

January 11, 2009

WUHAN, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- Police in central China's Hubei Province said Sunday they had seized a man who was suspected to have killed eight people, including a two-year-old boy, last week.

A resident in the provincial capital Wuhan called police at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, saying he had spotted a man who resembled Xiong Zhenlin, a suspect hunted by police.

Xiong, 35, was listed as the most wanted suspect by police after the brutal killings last Sunday night in Suizhou City.

Two police officers found the man sitting at a junk collection station in Jianghan District at 11:18 a.m.. He tried to escape at the sight of the policemen but was seized and taken to the police station, where he confessed he was Xiong Zhenlin.

Xiong told police he killed eight people in Luoyang Town last Sunday night and fled to Hainan Province in the south the next day. He had just arrived in Wuhan when police caught him.

Xiong was handed over to police authorities in Suizhou Sunday afternoon.

Police are yet to find out his motive behind the killings.

Zou Chuanshuo, a 2.5-year-old boy, and his grandmother, widow Zhu Deqing, 43, were found dead in their home in Luoyang town of Suizhou City last Monday morning. The wounds on their heads suggested the attacker was armed with an axe, and they had died after midnight, said a spokesman with Suizhou public security department.

Investigators named Xiong Zhenlin, a local junk collector, as a suspect. Xiong's mother called police early Monday saying he was nowhere to be found.

Police searched Xiong's junkyard and found six more bodies as well as blood-tainted axes and hammers.

The bodies of the three men and three women were identified as employees at Xiong's junkyard. They were all natives of Luoyang town, aged from 45 to 69.

A neighbor of Xiong said Xiong divorced his wife three months ago hoping to marry Zhu. "After Zhu turned him down, Xiong wanted to make up with his wife but she too rejected him."

Other people in the town confirmed the story, said Wan Xuebin, public security chief of Suizhou. "But no one could explain why Xiong might have killed the junkyard workers."

Zhu's husband died many years ago and her son and daughter-in-law were working away from home.

 
 

Police offer cash reward for central China mass killer

Chinaview.cn

January 6, 2009

WUHAN, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- Police in central China's Hubei Province are offering a cash reward for information leading to the conviction of the killer of eight people, including a two-year-old boy.

The boy, Zou Chuanshuo, and his grandmother, widow Zhu Deqing, 43, were found dead in their home in Luoyang town of Suizhou City Monday morning, police confirmed.

The wounds on their heads suggested the attacker was armed with an axe, and they had died after midnight, said a spokesman with Suizhou public security department.

Investigators have named Xiong Zhenlin, a local junk collector, as a suspect, the spokesman said. "Xiong's mother called police early Monday saying he was nowhere to be found."

Police searched Xiong's junkyard and found six other bodies as well as blood-tainted axes and hammers.

The bodies of the three men and three women were identified as employees at Xiong's junkyard, the spokesman said. "They were all natives of Luoyang town, aged from 45 to 69."

Police are offering a reward of up to 50,000 yuan (7,140 U.S. dollars) for the apprehension of Xiong, and 5,000 yuan for information that could lead to the conviction of the killer.

A neighbor of Xiong said Xiong, 35, divorced his wife three months ago hoping to marry Zhu. "After Zhu turned him down, Xiong wanted to make up with his wife but she too rejected him."

Other people in the town confirmed the story, said Wan Xuebin, public security chief of Suizhou. "But no one could explain why Xiong might have killed the junkyard workers."

Zhu's husband died many years ago and her son and daughter-in-law were working away from home.

 

 

 
 
 
 
home last updates contact