Murderpedia

 

 

Juan Ignacio Blanco  

 

  MALE murderers

index by country

index by name   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

  FEMALE murderers

index by country

index by name   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

 

 

 
   

Murderpedia has thousands of hours of work behind it. To keep creating new content, we kindly appreciate any donation you can give to help the Murderpedia project stay alive. We have many
plans and enthusiasm to keep expanding and making Murderpedia a better site, but we really
need your help for this. Thank you very much in advance.

   

 

 

Li HAO

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
Classification: Murderer
Characteristics: Killed two of six women he had held captive in his underground lair, where they were raped, forced into prostitution and featured in porn videos
Number of victims: 2
Date of murders: 2009 - 2011
Date of arrest: September 2011
Date of birth: 1977
Victims profile: Women (nightclub attendants)
Method of murder: ????
Location: Luoyang, Henan province, China
Status: Sentenced to death on November 30, 2012. Executed on January 21, 2014
 
 
 
 
 
 
photo gallery
 
 
 
 
 
 

Killer who kept six women as sex slaves in a home-made dungeon and murdered two of them is executed in China

  • Li Hao, 35, had been convicted of murder, rape, illegal detention

  • The local government clerk had built a dungeon in his basement

  • Death penalty had been approved by the Supreme People's Court

By Leon Watson - DailyMail.com

January 22, 2014

A Chinese man has been executed for keeping six women in a dungeon as sex slaves and killing two of them, state media reported.

The official Xinhua news agency said that Li Hao had been convicted of murder, rape, illegal detention, organized prostitution and making pornography for profit in 2012.

The 35-year-old, from Henan province, was sentenced to death in March 2012 for keeping the women in his grim tiny cellar and for his role in the murder of two of them.

The local government clerk had built a dungeon in his basement where he forced the women to work as prostitutes.

Police were quoted as saying that Li coerced them to kill two others who had been forced to work as sex slaves alongside them.

The death penalty had been approved by the Supreme People's Court, Xinhua said, after a higher court upheld the sentence handed down by the Luoyang Intermediate People's Court in November 2012.

Li was executed 'according to law' after meeting relatives in a detention house in Luoyang, Henan province, a statement issued by the Supreme People's Court said, according to Xinhua.

Three of the women he held were given leniency for their role in the two murders. One received three years and the two others were put on probation.

Eventually, one of the women managed to escape and she went to the police.

An investigation revealed that Li created the basement in 2009 and held the women for between two to 21 months.

During their incarceration he repeatedly raped them, forced them to have sex with other men for money and made them perform in pornographic web shows.

Before they were tricked into going to Li's dungeon, the women had all worked at nightclubs and karaoke bars.

Two of the six were found dead when a 23-year-old woman who had been kept for three months escaped while being taken out to work as a prostitute in September 2011 - she led police to the basement.

A lawyer in Changsha who was following the case said Li's death sentence was predictable, but she could not agree with the verdicts for the three women.

'I was shocked when hearing of their verdicts because they were victims in this sex-slave scandal,' Zhang Yan told the South China Morning Post.

She had attempted to represent the women in court but says she had been refused by local authorities.

She said information released by the police indicated that all the women had suffered inconceivable mental and physical torture.

China Central Television reported earlier that Li had lured them back to his underground lair after offering to pay them for sex if they went home with him. Instead he held them captive.

The court said Li was working as a clerk for Luoyang's technology supervision bureau when he was arrested in September 2011. He was married and had an eight-month-old son, Xinhua reported.

 
 

Li Hao, Chinese Man, Executed For Keeping Women As Sex Slaves In Dungeon

HuffingtonPost.com

January 21, 2014

BEIJING (AP) China executed a man on Tuesday who kept six women in a dungeon as sex slaves for periods of up to 21 months, during which he coerced three of them to kill two of their fellow captives, a court official said.

One of the three was later sentenced to three years in prison for her part in the deaths.

Executed Li Hao, 36, had dug a dungeon underneath a basement he bought in August 2009 and tricked women who worked at hair salons, karaoke bars and a massage parlor into going there with him, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.

Li repeatedly raped the women, who were held there between two and 21 months, it said. Police said he wanted to make money by forcing the women into prostitution and appear in obscene webcasts.

His dungeon in Luoyang city in central Henan province was finally discovered after one of the women escaped and went to police.

The two women who died were killed by three of the others on Li's instructions, and were also found guilty of murder, according to Xinhua, which said they were shown leniency. One of the women, whose surname was given as Duan, was found to have killed both women and sentenced to three years in prison, while the other two were put on probation, Xinhua said.

When Li was arrested in September 2011, he was a married man with an 8-month-old son. He had built the dungeon in a residential complex away from his home, according to reports at the time. Li was a clerk with the Luoyang technical supervision bureau, a government department which deals with quality control.

Xinhua said he was convicted of murder, rape, illegal detention, organized prostitution and manufacturing pornography for profit. He was sentenced to death in November 2012, as well as being deprived of his political rights and fined 10,000 yuan ($1,640).

Li forced the women to appear in obscene webcasts from March to April 2011 and forced them to have sex with "customers" from late August to early September of that year, Xinhua said.

An official from the Henan High Court, who refused to give her name, confirmed Li's execution and the Xinhua report.

 
 

Keeper of Henan sex-slave dungeon, Li Hao, sentenced to death

Sentence caps off horrific case in which former fireman held half a dozen women captive for months, sold them into prostitution and killed 2

By Minnie Chan - Scmp.com

December 1, 2012

A Henan man who imprisoned six women in an underground cell, used them as sex slaves for between three and 21 months and killed two of them was sentenced to death yesterday, mainland media reported.

The Intermediate People's Court of Luoyang found Li Hao, a 35-year-old former firefighter, guilty of murder, rape, organised prostitution, illegal detention and spreading pornography for profit, Xinhua reported.

It said one of the women locked up by Li had been jailed for three years for helping him murder two of the other women. Two of his other prisoners were given suspended jail terms for taking part in one of the murders, with their lenient treatment due to the extraordinary circumstances of the case.

A lawyer in Changsha who has kept a close eye on the case said Li's death sentence was predictable, but she could not agree with the verdicts for the three women.

"I was shocked when hearing of their verdicts because they were victims in this sex-slave scandal," said Zhang Yan, who had attempted to represent the women in court. "When the scandal was disclosed, I immediately headed to Luoyang to lobby the city legal office, public security bureau, women's federation, legal aid office and other departments, but none of them allowed me to take the case."

Zhang said information released by the police indicated that all the women had suffered inconceivable mental and physical torture.

The survivors were rescued in September last year after one prisoner managed to escape and reported the case to police.

"I wanted to help the women because they had worked at karaoke bars, hair salons and massage shops before being kidnapped, all areas that have been marginalised and discriminated against by our society," Zhang said.

"But the local authorities just arranged a lawyer for them who would go through the motions. That's very unfair."

Ji Xuguang , a former reporter of the Guangzhou-based Southern Metropolis Daily, who first exposed the case in the media, said he had sympathy with the women although he could not comment on the sentences given to them.

The court said Li had dug the dungeon himself, under a basement of a house he had bought in August 2009, and locked up the six women after tricking them into going home with him.

China Central Television reported earlier that Li offered to pay them for sex if they went home with him but then locked them up and forced them to have sex with him.

The court said Li was working as a clerk for Luoyang's technology supervision bureau when he was arrested in September last year. He was married and had an eight-month-old son, Xinhua reported.

He forced the six women into prostitution and made them appear in pornographic videos, which he uploaded to the internet and profited from.

The women's plight only came to light when his most recent victim, who had been confined for three months, escaped while being taken out to work as a prostitute.

 
 

Chinese police sorry for failure to unearth deadly sex dungeon

CNN.com

September 24, 2011

A Chinese police official apologized Saturday for his department's handling of a case in which a man allegedly killed two of six women he had held captive in his underground lair, where they were raped, forced into prostitution and featured in porn videos, state-run media reports.

Li Hao, a 34-year-old who had worked for the technological supervision bureau in the city of Luoyang, is currently in custody. But not before, authorities claim, he engineered an involved scheme to hold young women as "sex slaves," according to state-run news agency Xinhua.

The married father of one son admitted to digging two underground rooms in the basement of a residential compound that he'd bought two years ago. His intent, authorities said, was to make money running pornographic businesses, including uploading videos to the Internet.

The women were held two to 21 months, during which time Li forced them to perform sex on camera or have sex with others for money, according to police cited in the Xinhua report.

Police didn't act and raid Li's home, until September 3 after one of the supposed "sex slaves" escaped and one of her relatives talked with police.

On Saturday, Guo Congbin -- who directs the public security bureau in Luoyang, which is in Henan province -- said the lag time between when Li began abducting the women and police discovered him indicates that community patrols were ineffective and police had lost their sense of responsibility.

He noted four police officers have been suspended; entertainment venues, Internet cafes, beauty parlors, saunas and the like are being more closely examined; and an "online cleansing" effort is targeting porn websites.

"I beg the people of Luoyang to give us another chance," Guo said. "We will show you the results of our actions."

The Southern Metropolis Daily, a popular, relatively independent tabloid that was the first to report the story, claimed that the two women killed were both nightclub attendants and had been dead for months by the time police found their bodies three weeks ago. Authorities did not confirm this assertion to Xinhua.

They had been tortured and, eventually, killed after trying to fight back, police said.

The four surviving women have been detained for "alleged criminal involvement," with the Metropolis Daily reporting they may have helped Li kill the other two while trying to survive.

 

 

 
 
 
 
home last updates contact